Thursday, September 6, 2007

Testimony Time

I just finished giving my testimony to the board of my Ministry here, New York City Relief. Yeah, the Almighty Board, the long table, suits, shoes that shine brighter than Willard Scott's head, sweet hair do's done by women named Flo, the whole works. Where our ministry is located is definitely not considered the Hampton's but, when the board comes we have Mercedes, Chrysler 300's, cars that I can't pronounce the name, line the block and people from all over our hood are gawking at our car show.
Though seriously, what a blessing to be able to share what God has done. Scary though for me, I feel so ashamed of my past sometimes. It took me (with my hard head) so long to know that the Lord loves me more than I will ever imagine. When we actually grasp how much our creator loves us our whole world changes. AA (alcoholics Anonymous) has a saying that we need to change our people, places, and things. These things change automatically when we figure out how much 'in love' our Father is with us. Thank You Lord for continually loving me, no matter what! My testimony time ended with me being prayed for by the people that serve on the board. I feel so blessed to have these 'major players' in business all over the East Coast praying for me. I shall continually serve...thinking and living out Proverbs 3: 5&6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." -Austin

1 comment:

. said...

Hi, "Bondses"!

I just wanted to check on you guys (got your letter yesterday). Oh! and to make sure you knew that Matt B got baptized in second service a couple weeks ago! He did fine, but he told me later that he was really nervous before.

That light is still there in his eyes! I so do not want to lose this kid! He's been really faithful about Sunday morning church. (He always finds me to say "hi"!) I need to make sure he's getting plugged in to Bodyshop. Can you tell me anything about his life outside church?

My email is:
myfirstandlastnameasoneword(at)yahoo(dot)com